To be honest, I was initially not feeling the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalog this year. Actually, I was very disappointed with the selection. Luckily, I happened to be at the mall last night, when the Level 4 Early Access was happening. I got to shop around and found the actual sale is way better than the few items they listed in the catalog! I ended up going to sleep at 3:00am looking through everything online. Here are some of my purchases and picks:
- Truth & Pride Leopard Bomber Jacket $119.90- I picked up this piece at the mall. Leopard is pretty much a neutral, and I really love the sporty twist that the collar gives the jacket.
- Burberry Leather Jacket $1,299.90- This is such a great deal for the other “it” leather jacket style that usually never goes on sale.
- Sea Peplum Top $216.90- After my first Sea NY piece this spring, I’ve completely fallen in love with this brand. The details and craftsmanship is amazing for the price.
- Socialite Cross Tee $21.90 – I’m always looking for great t-shirts. This one is budget friendly and has a sexy little neckline.
- Adidas Crop Hoodie $47.90 – This sweatshirt will for sure sell out!
- BLACKNYC Suede Jacket $124.90- Nice fall moto jacket. I think these sold out super fast last year.
- Nike Sports Bra $29.90 – I mean it’s Nike Sports Bra… Stock up!
- ASTR sweater $47.90 – Perfect transition piece for the in between seasons.
- Frame Bowtie Blouse $176.90 – Two shirts in one. You can take off the bowtie for a more classic shirt.
- Topshop Skinny Jeans $46.90 – Petite friendly jeans in classic color on sale… Stock up!
- Frame Skinny Jeans $145.90 – I’ve heard a lot of great things about this brand. However, I’ve never tried their jeans because they are rarely ever on sale. What better opportunity than now to try them!
- Frame Straigh Jeans $163.90 – Here with the very “on trend”: staggered hem! The effect will probably be lost on my short legs, but anyone of normal height will rock the hell out of them.
- Zella Crop Leggings $33.90 – I tried them during the last anniversary sale and totally fell in love with them. The quality and fit is on point! Stock up!
- Adidas Leggings $25.90- Another classic and comfy piece that will get a lot of usage. This will definitely sell out too!
- SPANX Shaper $27.90 or 3 for $75 – Bought the shorts version from the last anniversary sale, and I have been addicted to them. There’s a reason why Kim Kardashian is also a fan. Stock up!!!
- Stuart Weitzman Boots $499.90 – These are going to be the boots to wear every day this fall and winter.
- Alexander Wang Pumps $318.90 – I’ve always been an Alexander Wang fan. These pumps look classic and normal at first, but they wear so differently than they seem.
- Adidas Stan Smith Sneakers $59.90 – These shoes are impossible to find at normal price, let alone on sale! The small sizes will sell out soon!
- Ted Baker Makeup Bag $26.60 – I just thought it’s the cutest thing.
- Sunnylife Flamingo Float $49.90 – We can all use a rose gold flamingo in our lives.
- Topshop Coat $85.90 – Almost forgot this pretty, yet not too girly coat that’s in one of my favorite colors, dusty pink.
And I was being PICKY with this list! I definitely recommend browsing the sale this year. Some items on my original wish list have already sold out, so I would get over to Nordstrom and start shopping as soon as you can!
Yes, I’ve gotten myself a pair of THE Chanel slingback! And no, it’s not possible to take enough photos of them. If that crazy, big, cheesy smile is any clear indication of my giddiness, you will be seeing even more of these beauties on my blog in the future. It’ll be easy because they are so universal. I can pair them with just about any outfits. Also, they are relatively comfortable. A note on the sizing: I went down one whole size from my Chanel espadrilles. These babies run big. The toe box starts off a little snug, but quickly stretches out after a couple of wears.
Sea New York off the shoulder shirt (on sale!)
Free People jeans (finally found frayed jeans that fit petites)
Jennifer Meyer bar necklace
Hermes Clic Clac bracelet
Chloe Georgia bag
Chanel slingback shoes (similar available online)
In the beginning, I’ve fought tooth and nail against jumping on the the culotte train. As a bonafide “shawtie” (5’2″ on a good day), cropping off my already stunted legs with baggy pants just didn’t seem like a good idea. After I obsessively scrolled through the Instagram feeds of these beautiful model-like ladies posing in their casual, yet chic culottes; I finally figured out how to make it work for me! First of all, it has to be high-waisted. To compensate for the length that’s being chopped off on the bottom, I must add to the top. It’s important to give the illusion that my bottom half starts higher than it really does. This also means that I need to emphasize my waistline, and avoid long and loose tops. Instead, a fitted cropped top will not only enhance the height of the waist, but also balance off the massive bottom half. As a 30 something year old mother struggling with a lot of “secrets” to hide (in my mid-section), I’m sticking with a sliver of skin peeking through. However, if you can pull off a more revealing option (like this super cute one), then “culotte” me jealous (sorry, I went there). All the more power to you! Get it, girl!
Forever 21 cropped top (on sale!)
Zara culottes (similar)
Jennifer Meyer stick necklace
Givenchy Nightingale bag
Another simple and classic outfit. Lately, I’ve been gravitating towards easy assembles that don’t require a lot of thoughts. Perhaps I’m in a fashion rut or just being plain lazy, but all I’ve wanted to put on my body are comfortable and flattering pieces. Like this combination: A white button down shirt (effortless and comfy), a pair of high rise flare jeans (lengthen these stumpy trunks of mine), and a Celine bag (the laziest way to elevate any outfit). Et voilà! An easy breezy outfit, that’s almost cover girl worthy. Well, at least in my delirious mind.
Forever 21 shirt (similar)
Celine bag (similar)
Besides the sandals, everything in this outfit are at least several years old. That’s the thing with really good and simple pieces, you can always count on them to be relevant after so many years. They don’t even have to be name brands. I think as long as they are flattering and comfortable, it’s always a sure thing!
old ASOS tee (similar)
old Zara skirt (similar)
Celine bag (lusting over this Chloe one and this Saint Laurent one)
One of my friends and I are going to relive our youth and attend a 90’s concert this summer, which couldn’t have come at a better time! The 90’s fashion is back with a vengeance this year, and I’m so excited about this trend. This is not only the era of first kiss and awkward adolescence, it’s also where I began to discover my style; pick my own clothes; and solidify my love for fashion.
This outfit is a potential option for the concert. I don’t think it gets more 90’s than a choker and Levi cutoffs. My only concern is that my legs will be feasted on by bugs and mosquitos comes evening. To be practical, I might bring a backpack instead and pack a change of clothes. Perhaps these mom jeans will be the perfect replacement!
ASOS off shoulder cardigan
Levi’s shorts (more distressed version, white version)
Forever 21 choker
Celine bag (NEED this one in my life)
This romantic blouse is another cool find from my recent Forever 21 shopping spree. I love how the lace sleeves add an elegant Victorian flare to the otherwise basic peasant blouse.
On a separate note, these photos just confirmed that my hair is in desperate need of a good trim and style. After going through a traumatic postpartum hair loss (postpartum hair loss is no joke!), I’ve been diligently growing out my hair. Now, it’s kind of in this shapeless mess. I’m tempted get a long bob or add bangs… Eh, who am I kidding? I’m the laziest person when it comes to hair styling. I’m not going to be be able to keep up with the daily maintenance and hassle. A trim it is.
Forever 21 blouse
Rag & Bone jeans
Daisy Street sandals
Whoa, it’s been more than a year since I’ve posted an outfit entry! The reason for the lack of physical presence is none other than postpartum body image issues. Well, it’s more like the usual body image issues PLUS postpartum body havocs. I know, I know… All I do on this blog is either ignoring it or complaining about my weight insecurities, so I’ll spare you the tears today.
Lately, I’ve been having really good luck in finding cute clothes from affordable high street retailers. Case in point, this relaxed and girly assemble. The slouchy, oversized sweater is only around $20 and the delicate, daisy skirt is on sale for $12! Of course, I’ve always liked to elevate any budget friendly outfits with a fancy bag. Speaking of fancy bag… I’m so in love with this Chloe Georgia bag! It’s in the prettiest neutral camel color, which is the perfect shade for when a black bag is just too stark or harsh for the outfit. Not to mention, the leather is so supple and soft. I have a feeling this will be my go to bag this spring and summer.
Forever 21 skirt
Chloe bag (with a little spin)
Report booties (similar)